Friday, April 1, 2011

The End of Booby

Most people who know me know that one of the things I hold highest is doing everything you can to do everything you can for your children. You have all seen the ads saying "Breast is Best" well when I got pregnant almost 3 years ago I knew I wanted to breastfeed - you know for at least 6 months. Well once I started learning about all the benefits of breastfeeding I wanted to nurse Aleric for a year. And then that one year became 2 years. Well the time is finally here and Aleric is now officially weaned. My body is once again mine and only mine. Its a time for celebration, my little man is growing up, becoming independent and exploring the world. But at the same time I am sad for us, the time is right - I honestly got to the point where I hated the thought of nursing him because he would bite and kick and try to play with my other nipple and its fucking annoying but you know what I have given him a 2 year kick start in life. We have been working on weaning him for 4 months now. For the first almost 2 years of his life he has been allowed to nurse whenever and wherever he has wanted. In December we went down to 4 times a day, in January we went to 3, In February we went down to 2 times, and then in March we were down to 1, and now in April we are done. He has only been sick two times in more than 2 years. Once he had a fever of 103 and we took him to the ER, they told us to give him Tylenol to break his fever, and the other time he had a runny nose. That it. He has never been sick like all the other kids I hear about, never thrown up or had a stomach bug and I honestly think that's because of the breastfeeding and because we don't vaccinate him and because we try to make sure he eats a very healthy primal diet. So I am now at the end of my breastfeeding journey, and the beginning of the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment