Friday, June 4, 2010

First post, where to start?



Ok so this is my first post, I don't know where to start so this first post will be about me. First and most importantly I am Wife of Chris, without him I wouldn't be Mommy to Aleric. My husband and my son are number 1 in my life, followed by close family, and then my animals. I am not sure what direction this blog will take, it will probably just be a random topic when I post, and I hope to post a few times a week. Things that are very important to me are family, animals, attachment parenting, primal living, fitness and health, breastfeeding, natural living, long hair, wow so many more topics I cant even begin to think of where to start.

So to start this off I will make the rest of this post about my garden. This year will be the first year that I am trying to grow anything. Last year we got some half dead pine trees that we brought home and planted at like 3 am, well needless to say they died. I don't think we watered them enough,but out here we need trees so this year we pulled out the dead pine trees and planted some pretty new little trees.

This year for food we have planted strawberries, tomatoes, beets, carrots, green and purple beans, radishes, onions, about 8 types of peppers from sweet to very hot, blue pumpkins, cucumbers, broccoli, cabbage and brussel sprouts. Now if I can just get half of this to grow I will be amazingly happy with myself, if it all grows, well I'm going to be very busy canning at the end of the summer! Well regardless of if it grows or not I will be very busy canning at the end of the year with all of the local farm stands out here in the county.

No comments:

Post a Comment