Monday, June 7, 2010

The post that changed everything

My son started getting hives when he was around 7 months old, looking back on it now I can see that it was the food we were feeding him that gave him. After 6 months and tons of research I found out that he was having a reaction to various food, mainly gluten, eggs, and corn. Then also he was having reactions when he ate a large amount of sugar (not that we were feeding him candy or anything, fruit and fruit juice made him break out in hives). While doing some research on food allergies I found a site called Marks Daily Apple. The first few posts that I read sounded great, and then I read a post on a book called "The Vegetarian Myth" by Leirre Keith and my first thought was "fuck this dude trying to tell me that being vegetarian isn't the answer to all of our problems" Well this is what I looked like at 178 pounds when I read that post.



















Well on March 7th, I decided that Mark was right, I had decided to read "The Vegetarian Myth" and everything she says in the book is true. All of the vegetarians and vegans are being led to believe that this diet can save the planet when in reality its killing it faster than anything. Aleric was already having allergic reactions to grains of all kinds and sugar in any quantity that was over 10 grapes or 4 strawberries so all we had to do was change our eating habits to match his. 3 months later I have lost 21 pounds. For me that's a HUGE amount of weight that's already gone. I only have 20ish more pounds to go and I will be at my goal weight. I was wearing a size 18 jeans in February, when I met my husband I wore a size 7. I don't think I will ever be able to fit into my size 7 pants again (although I still have them just in case) I am starting to feel more like my old self and am starting to feel comfortable in my own skin. Here is a picture of me from Saturday while at the lake walking with Aleric. I weigh 157 pounds. I cant describe how good that feels to say, yes its still overweight but I'm halfway there, and without Mark and all the people at the MDA forums I would probably still be at 178 pounds or possibly even heavier. One post changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment