Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Progress

It has been a while, blogging in the summer is hard, I have so much to write about but I would rather be outside or sleeping. Since I wrote last we have went swimming, after driving all over town for 2 days to try and find me a swimsuit. Swimsuit shopping is probably the hardest thing I have done all summer. And that's saying a lot, because it seems that I have an obsession with digging holes. This spring we brought home 8 trees within 2 days, so we had to dig all of those holes, then I wanted a clothes line - yep we had to dig another hole for that, then we get a 5 day vacation from work for the 4th of July weekend, so I decided to dig up our cistern to clean it - we have excavated a hole the size of our Tahoe, and we are still not done. We have decided to turn it into a root cellar, because after all this digging we might as well. And then my friend bought me a rose tree - it has blue flowers on it (maybe its not a rose tree?!? but a flower tree none the less) So last night I dug yet another hole for it. Hopefully I am done with digging for the rest of the summer. Our farmers stands have opened for the season, but most of what they have is crap still, and out of state crap at that. Seriously I don't go to my LOCAL farm stand to buy peaches from fucking California. So hopefully by the end of the season they will actually have local produce. I also made a quilt, well its almost done. It will be the first quilt I am making to sell. I was up til midnight last night and its still not done because it wanted to give me problems. We went and saw fireworks on the 4th, we watched the City of Pueblo's show, it kinda sucked, Pueblo West does a much better show. And then on the 5th we woke up to a herd of cows in the front yard. All in all we have had a super busy past few weeks, and I predict they will get busier before they slow down.

I dont have many pictures, but here are a few pictures of the cows that were in the yard.

n

No comments:

Post a Comment