Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend activities!

Last weekend we went to the kiddy rides at City Park with my parents. While we were eating dinner the Pueblo Zoo's Peacock came over for a visit:
And then Aleric got to go on the rides, he really like the old time carousel and the mini train!

He decided to stand up on this ride, so he didn't enjoy this one very much :(
It was almost time to go, so he got to go on one last ride!

This weekend we had the opportunity to go for a ride on a REAL BNSF Train! My Dad has worked for the BNSF for years and they were letting family members of employees have a free ride on the BNSF Special, it has vintage cars from the 50's with a modern engine, really it was awesome because I had never even been on a train before! We sat in the car that had kinda dome style windows on the top (2nd picture down, 3rd car back). My Dad didn't get to ride with us, but Aleric still had fun. Since we had to drive 2 hours to get on the train we decided to stay in Trinidad for a day trip. We ate at a little cafe called Bob & Earls and it was amazingly good food. I got a double cheeseburger with bacon, cheddar and swiss, and a pickled green chili (without a bun), it was one of the best burgers I have ever had, I ate half of it and was stuffed, Aleric ate damn near the other half and Chris helped me finish it off.
Next weekend we will be visiting the Colorado Renaissance Festival!

**Oh and no, I didn't get the damn latches on the coops!**

No comments:

Post a Comment