Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Primal Chocolate Ice Cream Bars

Its been hotter than hell here for the last few weeks, we don't have our AC working yet so I have been making fruit Popsicle for Aleric, basically I take 1 can of coconut milk, and 2 or so cups of berries and puree them together and then put in molds and freeze. Well I decided to make my homemade ice cream recipe into a primal fudgecicle type treat. I made them in little pops for Aleric and small cups with nuts and chocolate chips for Chris and I. Chocolate chips are NOT primal! So the pictures are not 100% primal but if you leave out the chips I think its good to go. I don't actually measure anything either so its all just a guess, you will need to tweak it til it tastes good to you, Chris likes it sweeter and I like it with as little sweetness as I can get away with.

1 cup of heavy whipping creme
1 tablespoon (or less, much less) of Stevia powder
1 tablespoon (or more) of Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Mix all together really good, but no so much that it starts to turn into butter, freeze in freezer until its over halfway frozen (stir every 20 or so minutes) add chocolate chips and put back in freezer for 5 minutes, while this is back in the freezer put some nuts in the bottom of the cup and then pour ice cream mixture into the cups, add a Popsicle stick and a few more almonds and chocolate chips if you would like, let freeze until hard.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I almost forgot to take them!



No comments:

Post a Comment